“collection” means the act of gathering, acquiring, recording, or obtaining personal information from any source, including third parties, by any means.
“consent” means voluntary agreement with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for defined purposes. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the user or by an authorized representative. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from an user’s action or inaction.
“disclosure” means making personal information available to a third party.
“electronic communications” means the electronic publications, newsletter, blog, and announcements provided by Kraus to users.
“personal information” means information about an identifiable individual but not aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual. For a registered user, such information may include (but is not limited to) billing information, account information, billing records, and any recorded complaints.
“registered user” means an individual who has created and registered an account with Kraus.
“third party” means an individual other than the user, or the user’s agent, or an organization outside Kraus.
“use” means the treatment, handling, and management of personal information by and within Kraus.
“user” means an individual who uses the Service provided by Kraus, including anyone who accesses or visits the Sites.
- Purpose of Collection
Kraus collects your personal information for the following purposes:
- if you are a registered user, to establish and maintain your Sites account;
- to provide the ongoing products, services or information that you request;
- to process purchases, provide invoices and to ship products, if applicable;
- to assist you in tracking your order, if applicable;
- to provide customer support to assist you with your questions or complaints;
- to collect amounts owing to Kraus, if applicable;
- to manage and develop the business and operations of Kraus, including to analyze where our users are located, to determine the systems or devices for which we should optimize our system, and to troubleshoot network and system problems;
- to improve users’ experience of the Sites, including to customize website settings;
- to detect and protect against fraud and error;
- to track and analyze your purchases and preferences to better understand your product and service needs and eligibility for discounts, if applicable;
- to guide us in selecting new products to be offered through the Sites;
- to provide you with the electronic communications you request;
- to promote existing products by posting the testimonials or feedback that you submit, if any; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Kraus may collect any or all of the following personal information if the information is reasonably required to provide the services accessed or requested by you:
- information that you provide when you become a registered user or otherwise complete forms on the Sites, such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, and country of residence, including if you subscribe to our electronic communications or product updates, upload or submit any material through the Sites, or request any information;
- your log-in and password details in connection with your account for the Sites, including your username;
- information that you provide when you perform a transaction, including products purchased, method of payment, amount paid, and credit or debit card number;
- information about your personal preferences, including marketing consents;
- your correspondence with Kraus employees, including any questions, concerns or comments you may have about the Service or problems that you report;
- comments and other content that you may post to the Sites; and
- details of your requests made through the Service.
Kraus may use your personal information as is reasonably required to:
- verify your identity when you sign into your account or contact our customer service department;
- verify your credit card or financial information;
- provide you with the services that you have requested, including to process and ship your purchases;
- administer your account on the Sites;
- respond to questions, comments, requests or complaints that you submit to Kraus;
- grant you access to post information to Kraus’ blog, if any;
- edit and moderate comments posted to Kraus’ blog and to otherwise administer Kraus’ blog, if applicable;
- track communications with you;
- improve your experience of the Service, including to customize website settings;
- analyze use of the Sites and to improve the Service;
- provide Service-related announcements or notifications to you; and
- fulfill a purpose that we disclose to you when we request your personal information.
Kraus may disclose your personal information to:
- a third-party payment processing company;
- an agent used by Kraus to collect an outstanding account;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Kraus, is seeking the information as your agent; and
- a third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or the disclosure is required by law.
If you voluntarily submit, transmit, upload, provide, post or otherwise make available any information, photographs or other content (the “User Content”) to the Sites, certain of your personal information may be automatically included in the posting, transmission, upload or submission, including without limitation, your name and email address, and this User Content may be collected and used by others. Kraus has no control over and is not liable for the collection, use or disclosure of any posted, submitted, transmitted, uploaded, provided or otherwise make available User Content or your included personal information by users of the Service. You are responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your personal information that you submit, post, transmit, upload, provide or otherwise make available on any of the Sites. We recommend that you do not include your home address, job title, telephone number or other more sensitive personal information in any User Content, unless you are entirely satisfied that such information should be made public.
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Kraus is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Kraus uses appropriate security measures to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction regardless of the format in which it is held. The methods of protection and safeguards used by Kraus include, but are not limited to, locked location, need-to-know access and technological measures, including the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls. While Kraus cannot guarantee that risks such as loss, theft, unauthorized access or disclosure of personal information will not occur, Kraus will make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Kraus takes care in disposing of or destroying personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Kraus also ensures that its employees with access to personal information are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. Finally, Kraus protects personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used.
Kraus is committed to keeping your personal information as complete, up-to-date, and accurate as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Kraus will promptly correct or complete any personal information found to be inaccurate or incomplete. Where appropriate, Kraus will transmit amended information to third parties having access to the personal information in question. Upon request, Kraus will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file to review its accuracy. Such personal information will be provided within a reasonable time of the request and at a minimal or no cost to you.
Also upon request, Kraus will provide an account of the use and disclosure of your personal information and, where reasonably possible, will state the source of the information. In providing an account of disclosure, Kraus will provide a list of organizations to which it may have disclosed personal information about you when it is not possible to provide an actual list.
- Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Kraus at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In certain circumstances, your withdrawal of consent will result in the inability of Kraus to continue providing aspects of the Service to you. Please contact Kraus for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
- Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information is information that does not identify you and which we are unable to connect to other information in order to identify you. Kraus may collect any or all of the following non-personal information:
Like many other websites, the Sites make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, type of browser, internet service provider, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Sites, track users’ movement around the Sites, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Kraus Privacy Officer
Penny Topolnitsky, Controller
Mailing Address: 25 Paquin Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R2J 3V9
Telephone No.: 1.204.663.3601
If you no longer wish to be contacted regarding promotions, new products or new content on the Sites click here.
- Other Websites
The Service may contain links to other websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website or Internet resource that may collect information about you voluntarily or through cookies or other technologies. Kraus has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
Date: September 7, 2015